Banner page formatting

Joost Ringoot joost.ringoot at meteo.be
Tue Dec 21 07:03:14 PST 2010

Hello All,

I am trying to get additional info from NIS or LDAP on the bannerpage of CUPS.
With lpr/lpd this info is automagically displayed on the banner.
(For NIS, I mean field 6 and 7 from the passwd file)
Alas CUPS does not print this info by default.

I was trying to get cups to print something in the "Billing Information" field
(http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/spec-ipp.html) but I was unable to get it even to print a flat string.

I thought maybe like analogy to "JobSheets standard none"  in the /etc/printers.conf.

I added a line "JobBilling YES"/etc/printers.conf in to no success alas.

any help welcome,

Thanks,

Joost