[cups.general] Modify the securities of printers

Maysara A. Abdulhaq maysara.abdulhaq at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 01:54:45 PST 2010

Im not sure how your setting should look like ( and i know this is cups not
samba mailing list, sorry if it bothers anyone, and i agree it should be
moved to samba ml ... but really, this configuration is so common and i
would say its relatively poorly documented - since its heavily split between
samba and cups ),  so here is a chunk of mine:

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = yes
   path = /var/spool/samba
   printable = yes
   guest ok = no
   read only = yes
   create mask = 0700

then if i remember correctly i set the permissions from the clients (open
the share while logging in as an admin user (or maybe i passed the root
credentials) ) and simply right click and modify the permissions, i had my
samba joining my AD and samba security set to ads, i would say this is
rather a requirement ... im not sure.

Maybe samba ml is more relevant.

my 1.2 cents,

Maysara