[cups.development] Native Avahi support

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Dec 24 05:37:38 PST 2010

Hi,

I've been working on adding native Avahi support to CUPS for the past
week, and now have a working implementation.

The patch is quite large, and has several "layers":

* adding Avahi name resolution support to cups/http-support.c;
* adding Avahi discovery to backend/dnssd.c;
* adding timeout support to the CUPS main loop;
* creating an Avahi poll API implementation for the CUPS main loop;
* and finally using Avahi to announce printers and the web interface in
dirsvc.c.

What's the best way to submit this feature?

 backend/dnssd.c              |  580 +++++++++++++++++++++----
 config-scripts/cups-dnssd.m4 |   15
 config.h.in                  |    7
 cups/http-support.c          |  190 ++++++++
 scheduler/Makefile           |    4
 scheduler/avahi.c            |  441 +++++++++++++++++++
 scheduler/avahi.h            |   49 ++
 scheduler/cupsd.h            |   24 +
 scheduler/dirsvc.c           |  986 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 scheduler/dirsvc.h           |   30 +
 scheduler/main.c             |   39 +
 scheduler/printers.c         |   20
 scheduler/printers.h         |   18
 scheduler/timeout.c          |  191 ++++++++

The full patch against CUPS 1.4.5 is here:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=cups.git;a=blob;f=cups-avahi.patch;hb=HEAD

but obviously I'll split it up into the various parts before submitting
it.

Tim.
*/