[cups.development] How to remove multiple lines of status message

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Dec 27 06:35:38 PST 2010

On Dec 27, 2010, at 4:02 AM, keens312 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have difficulties to clean the multi-line status message on printer proxy of OSX 10.6.
>
> I can only clear the first line, but no way to clean other lines.
>
> I am using STATE: + or STATE: - to control status messages.
>
> Anyone have suggestions?

Although bad form, sending:

    STATE: none

will clear all of the printer-state-reasons associated with a queue, and sending:

    INFO:

will clear the printer-state-message.

That said, you shouldn't try to clear the messages from other filters or backends - if you see messages that you are not generating and think should not be there, please file a bug with Apple (bugreport.apple.com).