can't set up Belkin wireless print server

Adam Hardy adam.ant at cyberspaceroad.com
Tue Feb 2 02:42:57 PST 2010

> On Feb 1, 2010, at 9:52 AM, Adam Hardy wrote:
> >> A copy of the error_log file might help, but given that port 9100 is =
> =3D
> >> supported I'd try using "socket://ip-address" instead of lpd.
> >=20
> > Tried socket 9100 but it made no difference. I don't think I can get =
> hold of the error log. I would have to telnet into the print server =
> itself and I don't think it's going to let me do that!
> >=20
> > Do you think it could be bust?
>
> The error_log will be on your system, not on the print server. =
> (/var/log/cups/error_log, to be exact)

There's just this:

E [01/Feb/2010:17:44:08 +0000] CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer: Unauthorized
E [01/Feb/2010:17:47:04 +0000] CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer: Unauthorized

Tell me if I'm wrong but that has nothing to do with this issue, right?

Another symptom might be the lack of appearance of the printer when I run the printer discovery function on the web interface, perhaps.

I just checked Windows will print out and it does, so I don't need to worry about printer and print server compatibility or state of repair - hopefully.