install failure - cups-get-devices failed

rob cup at samela.com.au
Wed Feb 3 18:50:16 PST 2010

I have installed cups-1.1.22 onto a Centos machine, merged with SME
(Mitel Networks SME Server).

I have done this before and very easy BUT this time,
I can add a printer in the admin web interface, but when I click CONTINUE
it just sits there saying 'Done' (Firefox 3.57).

I tried to use the command line but
lpinfo -v
yeilds,
lpinfo: cups-get-devices failed: server-error-service-unavailable

and likewise
lpadmin -p p1 -E -v socket://192.168.4.4 -m colorpostscript.ppd
yeilds
lpadmin: add-printer (enable) failed: server-error-service-unavailable

I have spent hours and getting no where !

Any advice / ideas would be appreciated.