[cups.general] cups 1.4.2 problem

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Feb 4 08:19:36 PST 2010

The Java IPP implementation does not conform to the IPP standard and (among other problems) does not like the "no-value" value for orientation-requested that is reported by recent versions of CUPS.

One workaround is to set a default orientation with the lpadmin command for each printer:

    lpadmin -p printer -o orientation-requested-default=3