can't set up Belkin wireless print server

Adam Hardy adam.ant at cyberspaceroad.com
Fri Feb 5 08:55:01 PST 2010

> >> Well, it looks like the print server is accepting a lot of print =
> data, =3D
> >> but the printer isn't responding.  What kind of printer was this?
> >=20
> > It's an Epson Stylus Photo P50. I selected the generic driver "Epson =
> Stylus Photo - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.0.2" - could that be the issue?
>
> Yes, because it's actually not a generic driver.  The original Epson =
> Stylus Photo printer had no model number (and the follow-on model was =
> the Photo EX), which used a different command set and has completely =
> different capabilities.

Aha. That'll teach me for jumping to conclusions.

Since there's no mention of Epson P50 on this site, nor on linuxprinting.org, nor is there anything coming up on google that looks hopeful, I assume I'm up a gumtree then as far this printer goes - or is there actually a potential generic driver I could use? (Not that I saw anything in google for that either).

Or a generic ppd file? Looks like Adobe might provide something for my Mac, but they don't even mention linux.

Thanks for any info.... :)

Adam