Listing Supported Printers on CUPS1.3

John Donovan jmdonovan7 at nospamgmail.com
Fri Feb 5 13:01:16 PST 2010

I've been tasked to provide a complete listing of all printers supported
by CUPS.  It appears our request to provide us with the make/models under
consideration so we can research and respond is too difficult for some of
our clients.

We are using RHEL5.4 to run cups-1.3.7-11.el5_4.5.

Although, there are over 600 printer ppd files in /usr/share/cups/model,
the GUI seems to have even more.  For example, there are many other makes
as well as models like Alps, Anitech, Apollo, etc.

Is it possible to generate a report on all of these makes/models?

Thanks,
:-)
--donovan