Using CUPS 1.3.7 on RHEL 5 - wrapping issue on print jobs

Shannon Adams shannon_adams68 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 12:39:46 PST 2010

I cannot get plain text documents to print correctly.  Our plain text reports are typically 132 characters wide and 64 lines long.  Using the -o raw option is close, but will ignore cpi/lpi switches.  The spacing with raw is perfect from left to right and is a little off from top to bottom (probably using cpi=12 and lpi=6).  Here is the latest command I am using:

lp -d mc035 -o landscape -o nowrap -o cpi=14 -o lpi=8 text.txt

The output is wrapping at about 80-100 characters.  Even though cpi=14 should allow 154 or so characters across.  Also, it appears to be ignoring nowrap switch).

Any ideas on how to resolve this wrapping issue.  It is driving us nuts.