texttopcl filter?

Chris Mattern syscjm at gwu.edu
Fri Feb 12 07:49:51 PST 2010

We are using Print Pro 4.5.2 on our current servers.  With the discontinuation of Print Pro, we are migrating to CUPS 1.3.10 on our new servers.  We have migrated our printer configurations over by copying the configuration files from the Print Pro installation.  However, we have numerous .ppd files that reference a filter "texttopcl".  CUPS doesn't seem to have this filter.  Attempting to copy over texttopcl from Print Pro results in the texttopcl filter crashing.  Does anyone know of a source for texttopcl that we can use with CUPS 1.3.10?  Thanks so much; this would help immensely.