[cups.general] Cups and Slackware 13

John¹ seago.john at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 13 00:35:13 PST 2010

I have installed Slackware 13 on one of the hard disks of my computer in
order that I can get it working properly before changing over from 12.2.

My main problem is that I cannot get CUPS to change from 'Letter', which I
presume is an American size, to A4. Whilst the menu will select A4 the test
page it produces is a distorted 'Letter' test page, and not as previously
an A4 Test page, and my word processor produces good quality A4 printing
but on a 'Letter' sized printing area, which leaves the top cut off, has
anyone else had experience of this problem? All suggestions as to a
solution are welcomed. Could it be that my printer, a Samsung ML-1210 and
its gdd.ppd are now too old, (they still work perfectly on the previous
version of CUPS on the previous version of Slackware, (even printing
envelopes)?
--
John Seago
http://www.petitiononline.com/topaz/petition.html