Missing TextToPrinter and TextOnly in CUPS 1.4.x

Maxwell Draven correo.cuervo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 15:25:37 PST 2010

Hi to everyone.

I had compared CUPS 1.3.x and CUPS 1.4.x and I can't found TextToPrinter and TextOnly filters into the last version:

CUPS 1.3.x

[root at testpc1 ~]# ls /usr/lib/cups/filter/
commandtocanon      imagetoraster          rastertoepson
commandtoepson      oopstops               rastertogutenprint.5.0
cupsomatic          pdftops                rastertohp
foomatic-rip        pstops                 rastertolabel
gziptoany           pstopxl                rastertospl2
hpgltops            pstoraster             textonly
imagetops           rastertodymo           texttops

CUPS 1.4.x

[root at testpc2 ~]# ls /usr/lib/cups/filter/
bannertops              hpgltops                rastertodymo
commandtocanon          imagetops               rastertoepson
commandtoepson          imagetoraster           rastertoescpx
commandtoescpx          pdftops                 rastertogutenprint.5.2
commandtopclx           pdftoraster             rastertohp
commandtops             pstops                  rastertolabel
foomatic-rip            pstopxl                 rastertopclx
gziptoany               pstoraster              texttops

How can I print text files without postscript conversion ?