[cups.general] Problem stapling paper from multiple trays

Daniele Palumbo daniele at retaggio.net
Fri Feb 19 01:16:07 PST 2010

Il giovedì 18 febbraio 2010 21:59:26 Roger Bull ha scritto:
> I have been unable to accomplish the following result:
> 1. print page 1 from tray 3
> 2. print all remaining pages from tray 2
> 3. send all to stapler and staple them all
>
> I can do 1 and 2 OR 3 but not all three steps together.
>
> Here is an example of what I am trying (does not work):
> lpr -o page-ranges=1 -o media=Tray3_500 -o MediaType=Color -o
> page-ranges=2-10 -o MediaType=Plain -o OutputBin=UStapler -o
> HPStaplerOptions=1Angled filename

I was trying to do almost the same thing (plus, i need to print in b/w all the
remaining pages). Someone told me that this is something not related to cups,
but to foomatic instead.

Right now i'm also not able to print such data (Ricoh MPC2500)

lp -d ${DEFAULTPRINTER} ${DEFAULTOPTIONS} -o 1-2:"ColorModel=CMYK
MediaType=Thick" -o ColorModel=Gray -o MediaType=Auto ${FILENAME}

I have sent a mail in that list (my post on 20/01/2010), but no answers...
Sorry for crossposting.

bye
d.