One cups-server, 2 networks, specific printers visible in specific networks.

Andreas Bogacki Andreas at Bogacki.org
Fri Feb 19 14:56:33 PST 2010

Hello,

I have a quick question on how to get the following setup working.
I have one cups server which is connected to multiple networks (net-a and net-b).
I have multiple printers (printer-a and printer-b) configured on that server.
Now I want to be able to browse the server from both networks and only see printer-a in net-a and printer-b in net-b.
Is there a sollution for this right now? If not, is something like that planned for future releases.
Using different policies for the 2 printers does the same as working with allow,deny in the Location /printers/printer-a.
The printer can not be printed to but still shows up in the cups client.

Using multiple instances of cups is not a viable option (would have to set up too many and configuration would be hell).

Any information on this is greatly appreciated.

cheers
Andreas