[cups.general] Printer not printing.

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Feb 23 02:28:59 PST 2010

Hello,

On Feb 22 09:27 Thomas Kurian wrote (shortened):
> I installed my new canon Pixma MX860 printer
> on my SUSE linux 10.2 system.

Because a "canon Pixma MX860" is neither listed at
http://www.openprinting.org/printers
nor at
http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php
there is very likely no appropriate driver available
for a "canon Pixma MX860" in SUSE Linux 10.2
(or in any newer openSUSE system) and therefore
I guess that you selected an inappropriate driver
for your particular model.

You should first of all ask Canon (or wherefrom you got
the printer) if they provide an appropriate driver for Linux
or have a look at
http://www.zedonet.com/en_p_turboprint_driver.phtml?printer=Canon_PIXMA_MX860
and buy the TurboPrint driver.

Kind Regards