[cups.general] Lexmark x75 All-In-One

S.D.A. marathon.durandal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:48:47 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 04:56:32PM +0100, Johannes Meixner uttered:

> Hello,
>
> On Feb 23 10:43 S.D.A. wrote (shortened):
>
> >... Lexmark ... Linux ...
>
> In contrast to Lexmark higher-end PostScript printers,
> Lexmark inkjet devices are usually hopeless for Linux.

Mm so it seems.

> Nevertheless first of all (and at least before you throw
> it away) you may ask Lexmark directly for a Linux driver.
>
> According to
> http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Lexmark/Lexmark-X75
> there is a "lxx74" driver which may work "Partially".
> For details see the "lxx74" driver home page
> http://home.online.no/~enrio/

Yeah I got that, downloaded it/installed it. That driver isn't showing
up at all in the CUPS web interface. Maybe it needs a reboot? Do you
think that perhaps the HAL package is interfering?

I'll try these two things and see how it goes.

> By the way:
> According to
> http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=Lexmark&model=x75
> the Lexmark x75 is unsupported regarding scanning.

Bummer. I'd prefer to scan than print. Oh well it was a free device,
so nothing really lost.

Thanks Johannes.