Brother HL-2030

Dotan dotan.g at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 10:49:46 PST 2010

> Dotan wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using this printer: Brother HL-2030. and I cannot set it correctly on
> > CUPS.
> >
> > I use the web interface to add the printer and when it asks for a driver
> > my model cannot be found.
> >
> > Anyone with a solution?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Dotan.
> >
> > I am using Ubuntu server 9.10, this is where the printer is hooked up.
>
> There is a (probably closed source) driver for download at brother's web
> site.
>
> Helge

There is, there is, it is a deb file. I followed the instructions of this Brother tutorial:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/instruction_prn1a.html

but when I get to "your printer's name   -  for model/driver selection", I can't find the suitable driver for HL-2030.

What should I use to set this up?

Dotan.