[cups.development] Filter - backend communication example?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Feb 5 08:52:34 PST 2010

On Feb 5, 2010, at 7:52 AM, Paul Newall wrote:
> Update 5/feb/2010:
> I cut my filter right down to a minimum and called it directly in the PPD file:
> *FoomaticRIPCommandLine: "myminifilter %A"

OK, if you are wrapping your driver in Foomatic you're going to run into problems like these. Real CUPS drivers should NEVER use Foomatic, which is just (and should remain) a wrapper for existing Ghostscript drivers and tries to support multiple spoolers (not just CUPS) which means it has trouble supporting all of the CUPS printing functionality.