Printing Confirmation

Steve Kuekes steve.kuekes at rxhealthcare.org
Tue Feb 9 13:37:38 PST 2010

I am using a USB attached printer and it works fine under cups, except
when there is a printer jam that requires me to power off the printer to
clear it.  When this happens I lose all the print jobs that are in the
printers memory that are queued to print.  Cups thinks that these have
already been printed because it has sent them to the printer.  I need
cups to wait after each print job to make sure that all the pages have
printed before clearing the job from the print queue and starting on the
next one.  I'm regularly loosing documents and its critical that each of
them print.  I don't want to have to keep up with which have printed
successfully and which haven't so I can re-send them.  I want cups to
make sure that the printer has finished printing before it clears the job.

Hopefully there is an option to enable this that I have overlooked.

Thanks for any help.

By the way I'm printing on a Zebra S4m label printer with the Zebra PPD.