multi tray

atze ott at abanet.ch
Tue Feb 16 04:54:59 PST 2010

> >> Yes, but there is no CUPS API to do that. You need to insert the
> >> respective statements into the job data at the proper posotion(s),
> >> preferably just before the page where it is to get active.
> >>
> >> Helge
> >>
> > Helge, thank you for you fast answer. Just to fill in some missing gaps -
> > If I want to print a pdf to different trays, I have to filter it to ps
> > myself and then add the appropriate ps commands in the ps, right?
> Yes, but see the note below.
> >
> > Somehow this didn't seem to work - am I missing something? Do you maybe
> > have a simple 2 page ps that does that? atze.
> >
> > %%BeginPageSetup
> > %
> > [{
> > %%BeginFeature: *InputSlot Upper
> > << /MediaPosition 3 >> setpagedevice
> > %%EndFeature
> > } stopped cleartomark
> > %%EndPageSetup
>
> You may make use of the standard filtering by CUPS and insert the special
> statements by a special filter, say, trayfilter, and force this filter to be
> called as the very last filter by inserting the line
> *cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-postscript 0 trayfilter"
> into the PPD (near the beginning, around the general printer properties).
>
> Helge

thank you for pointing this out - sounds like a nice way to handle this.

Right now I am still having trouble to make a ps file that really prints on 2 trays. The lines above were copied from a former post - but they don't seem to work for me. My printer is a hp4000 laserjet with the following media:

InputSlot/Media Source: *Auto Upper Middle Lower LargeCapacity Envelope

andreas.