[LOW] STR #3499: EPSON TM-U950 doesn't work withCUPS 1.4.x

Maxwell Draven correo.cuervo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:46:05 PST 2010

> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE LINK BELOW.
>
> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> We do not support or develop the software/driver you are using.  Please
> contact the developer for assistance.
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3499
> Version: 1.4.2
> Fix Version: Third-party

The problem here isn't the driver because I'm using the same driver, it's the CUPS configuration.

Look this:

/etc/cups/printers.conf (CUPS 1.3.x):

# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.3.2
# Written by cupsd on 2010-02-11 16:37
<Printer TM-U950>
Info TM-U950
Location
DeviceURI parallel:/dev/lp0
State Idle
StateTime 1265917636
Accepting Yes
Shared Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy retry-job
</Printer>

/etc/cups/printers.conf (CUPS 1.4.x):

# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.4.2
# Written by cupsd on 2010-02-17 11:42
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE WHEN CUPSD IS RUNNING
<Printer EPSON_TM-U950>
Info EPSON TM-U950
Location Local Printer
MakeModel Generic ESC/P Dot Matrix Printer Foomatic/epson (recommended)
DeviceURI parallel:/dev/lp0
State Idle
StateTime 1266424919
Type 8433676
Filter application/vnd.cups-raw 0 -
Filter application/vnd.cups-postscript 100 foomatic-rip
Filter application/vnd.cups-pdf 0 foomatic-rip
Filter application/vnd.apple-pdf 25 foomatic-rip
Filter application/vnd.cups-command 0 commandtops
Accepting Yes
Shared No
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy stop-printer
</Printer>

I don't need the postscript conversion. How I can print text only ?