Problem in ethernet printer

kavin kavinsiva at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 22 05:29:28 PST 2010

Hi,
	I am trying to get the printer response for particular commands. I written the following code inside the socket.c after the function backendrunloop.the Same code at same place written in usb-unix.c gives to me a proper response.

        memset(port_monitor_buffer,0,sizeof(port_monitor_buffer));
	retn = write(device_fd,"\033E 1\r",5);
	retn = read(device_fd,port_monitor_buffer,sizeof(port_monitor_buffer));

In the case of socket it doesnt gives any response but the command goes to the printer in proper manner
please give me the guidence to resolve the problem