[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3509: backend/scsi.c probably not GPL compatible (BSD With Advertising)

Julius Davies juliusdavies at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:22:15 PST 2010

[STR New]

The following three files contain an open source license which is probably
not GPL compatible:

backend/scsi.c
backend/scsi-irix.c
backend/scsi-linux.c

This is because they contain the "BSD With Advertising" license.

I see this is fixed in trunk since by coincidence these three files were
removed:

http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3500
---
mike
16:34 Feb 12, 2010	We should drop the SCSI backend since a) SCSI printers
have always been rare and b) no SCSI printers have been made in many many
years.
---

Nonetheless you may want change the license text of these files in the 1.4
branch in case any distributions (e.g. Redhat, Debian) become concerned
about this problem, since legally they are probably not allowed to
redistribute cups when these files are compiled into the binary.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3509
Version: 1.4-current