Problem in ethernet printer

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Feb 23 08:23:54 PST 2010

That might be the case for the Linux USB backend since we've disabled backchannel, but not for the socket backend.

In any case, NO DRIVER CAN DEPEND ON BACK-CHANNEL SUPPORT SINCE NOT ALL BACKENDS SUPPORT IT.  This is spelled out in the CUPS documentation and has always been the case.

On Feb 22, 2010, at 11:18 PM, kavin wrote:

> Hi,
>      The cupsBackChannelRead doesnt gives anything it always returns -1.
>

>> On Feb 22, 2010, at 8:00 PM, kavin wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>       The following code will query the our zebra printer for error.
>>> =20
>>> memset(port_monitor_buffer,0,sizeof(port_monitor_buffer));
>>> retn =3Dwrite(device_fd,"\033E 1\r",5);