Failed to read side-channel request!

William Wilson whwilsoniv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 14:44:18 PST 2010

> [Please don't cross-post]
>
> On Jan 1, 2010, at 12:29 PM, Steve H. wrote:
> > I recently updated my Mac Laptop OS to 10.6.2 and now my HP LaserJet =
> 4050n will not print.  I've tried adding the printer again and again =
> using different options, but still get "Failed to read side-channel =
> request!"
>

> Try deleting and re-adding the printer - it is possible that your queue =
> did not get updated properly.

> Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

I have the same problem with a HP 2605dn after installing 10.6.2 and also upgrading my firmware on my 2009 macbook pro.  I suspect the firmware upgrade in that my wife's 2008 macbook pro which also has 10.6.2 is does not have the same problem.  Another update I made in the same time frame as the firmware upgrade was to install VMWare Fusion 3.

I have deleted the 2605dn several times and re-added several times.  I still encounter "Failed to read side-channel request" when I try to print to the 2605dn.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill Wilon