Problem Printing Webpages with Xerox Phaser 6120

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Sun Jan 10 10:15:50 PST 2010

Helge Blischke wrote:

> upscope wrote:
>
>> As Helge suggested I am opening new Thread for this problem:
>>
>> Printer is connected USB, Has 768MB Memory, Postscript Level 3
>> version 3011.045(13)
>>

>> I am having a problem with my Xerox Phaser 6120.It has been
>> occuring since the previous version of Cups and openSUSE 11.1 (on
>> 11.2 now) See below. It happens when I try to print a web page from
>> Konqueror or other browser. The printer prints an error page
>>
>>  "Error Status"
>> Error Name is :syntaxerror
>> Offending operator: )
>> Error info string: --nostringval--
>> VM remaining: 33486761
>> For detailed information: Refer to PostScript Language Reference
>> Manual. Third Addition
>>
>> Then has sections with Operand Stack, Execution Stack and
>> Dictionary Stack. Not sure how to interpret the data. Also has
>> section Program Continuation: section. Not sure what it means
>> either.
>>
>> cups-drivers-1.3.9-4.1.x86_64
>> python-cups-1.9.42-5.1.x86_64
>> cups-client-1.3.11-4.2.1.x86_64
>> python-cupshelpers-1.1.12-2.1.x86_64
>> cups-devel-1.3.11-4.2.1.x86_64
>> cups-libs-1.3.11-4.2.1.x86_64
>> cups-1.3.11-4.2.1.x86_64
>> cups-libs-32bit-1.3.11-4.2.1.x86_64
>>
>> Here is the first part of PPD being used:
>>
>> *PPD-Adobe: "4.3"
>> *% Adobe Systems Printer Description File
>> *% For "Xerox Phaser 6120 PPD"
>> *% Copyright(c) 2004 KONICA MINOLTA BUSINESS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. All
>> rights reserved.
>> *% Created:     03/30/05
>> *% Modified:    09/03/05
>> *% Platforms:   XP/2K/Linux
>>
>> *FormatVersion:         "4.3"
>> *PCFileName:	        "xc6120p.ppd"
>> *FileVersion:	        "0.0.7"
>> *LanguageEncoding:	    ISO-8859-1
>> *LanguageVersion:	    English
>> *LanguageLevel: 	    "3"
>> *Product:	        "(Xerox Phaser 6120 PS)"
>> *PSVersion:             "(3011.045) 13"
>> *Manufacturer:	        "Xerox"
>> *ModelName: "Xerox Phaser 6120 PS"
>> *ShortNickName: "Xerox Phaser 6120 PS"
>> *NickName:  "Xerox Phaser 6120 PS"
>> *AcceptsTrueType:       True
>> *FreeVM:                "2107193"
>> *PrintPSErrors:         True
>> *Protocols:             BCP
>> *ColorDevice:           True
>> *DefaultColorSpace:     CMYK
>> *SuggestedJobTimeOut:   0
>> *SuggestedWaitTimeOut:  300
>>

>> printer works fine from OOo3..1.1, Other applications. Not sure
>> what other information is needed. Let me know what I can provide.
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> As a first step, stop the printer, print something from e.g.
> Konqueror and post (an URL to) the data file
> (/var/spool/cups/dxxxxx-001, xxxxx the job ID with leading zeros).
> Or mail it to me to h dot blischke at acm dot org .
>
> Helge
Sent info you requested to your personal address. Here is a copy of
the text:

Helge: per your request I have attached the dxxxx files for the
following webpage:

http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=83152496A5CA7304

The print request created three separate d jobs. I had to copy them to
my Home directory which changed the owner from root:lp  640 to
root:root 640. I changed the permissions to 666 in order to attach
them to this email.

At this time the printer has been re enabled and job
xeroxphaser6120-133 appears to have been transferred to the printer
(Printer display status is processing). The other two jobs are -134
processing since 09:30:22 AM PST and -135 is pending since 09:26:29.
Job -133 says completed at 09:30:22. No output on printer. (See
printer front panel display status above)

Looking at the dxxxxx files it appears only the text was sent down,
and jobs may be hung waiting for pictures? It maybe because they are
using frames, I went to a vmware site that was a how-to and it printed
fine.

Sorry I had to send this direct to you, is there a free website where
I can post files like this. I know about Imagebum but what about text
files?

 If you need more information please let me know.
If you cannot open them, let me know what to change.

Thanks for your help.
--
Russ
[openSUSE 11.2 (2.6.31.8-0.1-desktop, x86_64] KDE 4.3.4 release 2,