[cups.general] Networked Sharp-MX2700N hangs on spooling jobs

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Mon Jan 11 17:52:19 PST 2010

Hi,

I have a client with a Sharp MX2700N that I recently setup CUPS to serve
the network. all the test pages worked fine without the users on-site.
Come Monday morning when everyone started working things started
failing. For some reason unknown to me jobs get spooled and sent to the
CUPS server and then successfully delivered to the printer but the
printer hangs at "ripping" and keeps all other jobs "spooling". when I
reboot the printer everything comes back to normal for about 2 or three
print jobs and then back to hanging on "ripping".

details:

Debian Stable w/ linux-2.6.18-4
cups 1.3.8-1+lenny6
Samba 3.2.5-4lenny6

I'm using Sharp's postscript driver and each client is Windows XP pro
with the Sharp-2700N PPD.

Please ask for more details as require...Not sure what else is needed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

        Cheers,
        Phil