Something like waitprinter available for sharedprinters?

Gerd v. Egidy gve at intra2net.com
Wed Jan 13 02:36:29 PST 2010

Hi Michael,

> For auto-discovered printers, you can use BrowseRemoteOptions (on the =
> client) or BrowseLocalOptions (on the server) to add "?waitprinter=3Dno" =
> to the end of the device URI.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I tried adding

BrowseLocalOptions waitprinter=no

in the global part of cupsd.conf on the server. I restarted the server and the client afterwards. But printing behavior did not change.

So I tried

BrowseRemoteOptions ?waitprinter=no

on the client too. That did not help either.

Now I'd like to find out if the option is active but not helping my case or if the option is not activated for some reason.

How can I find out if the option is really active on the shared printer?

When looking at the device uris e.g. with lpoptions I didn't see the options appended. But I don't know if they should appear there.

Kind regards,

Gerd