printing problem with Brother all in one

Frank Russell frank at winnardsperch.org
Tue Jan 19 04:01:40 PST 2010

i am using Opensuse 11.1 and running a Brother MFC-5460CN with Cups driver. Occasionally when I first go to print something after start up i get pages of postscript code which pours out of the printer. The only way to stop it is to unplug the printer, remover the printer from the Printer list and then reinstall. This does not always work and sometimes it can go on for days and then for no reason it all goes back to normal. The printer is attached directly to the network not via USB. It is also the printer that I use when using windows via VirtualBox. and even if it is printing rubbish through Linux it always prints correctly in windows.

Thanks