PPD Custom Options confusion

jens.stark jens at stark.net
Wed Jan 20 04:23:33 PST 2010

Hi!

I've been spending some time now trying to put a custom option into one of our PPDs for Linux. By now I think I really do not understand custom options - or what I am doing :(

Here is a snippet:
---------
*OpenGroup: Advanced/Advanced

*% Base JCL key code option
*JCLOpenUI JCLPasscode/Account number: PickOne
*OrderDependency: 10 JCLSetup *JCLPasscode
*DefaultJCLPasscode: None
*JCLPasscode None/No Code: "nothing here!"
*JCLCloseUI: *JCLPasscode

*% Custom JCL key code option
*CustomJCLPasscode True: "@PJL SET ACCOUNTNUMBER = <22>\1<22><0A>"
*ParamCustomJCLPasscode Code/Key Code: 1 int 0 99999
---------

For one, I do not know which printing dialogues will nowadays support custom options correctly.

No matter what I enter, the data stream always contains "nothing here!"

Any help/pointer/advice much appreciated!

Best,
   Jens