page_log is empty

Timo mailtohagen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 23:28:29 PST 2010

> On Jan 20, 2010, at 7:07 AM, Timo wrote:
>
> > Hi again,
> >=20
> > I still have no answer to my last question (CUPS - Kerberos) and so I =
> had to wait and wait and find something else in the meanwhile.
>
> You might give the volunteers on this list a little more time to respond =
> before you complain...
>
> > I need to have phpprintanalyzer working, and this requires CUPS's =
> page_log. There was no directive in cupsd.conf so I added it, touched =
> the file and set proper permissions.
> >=20
> > I can print as much as I want - the log file keeps empty.
>
> What version of CUPS are you using?
>
> What driver are you using?
>
> CUPS depends on the driver to produce page accounting information - =
> without it, nothing gets put in the page_log file...

> Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

Hi Michael,

I am using CUPS 1.4.2 like posted in my other thread before. I am using PPD drivers for all printers as I know this is required in order to get log entries.

So, I think my configuration is ok, must be something else why I don't get page logs. How can I find out where the problem is? Even in debug mode, CUPS's error log is not telling much..