[cups.general] page_log is empty

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Jan 20 23:58:07 PST 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 11:28 PM, Timo wrote:
> I am using CUPS 1.4.2 like posted in my other thread before. I am
> using PPD drivers for all printers as I know this is required in
> order to get log entries.

Most drivers ultimately use PPD files (the only ones that don't are
legacy interface scripts), but page logging != PPD files.

If you are using something other than a plain PPD for a PostScript
(with no cupsFilter lines), then CUPS will do the page logging for
you.  Otherwise, the driver MUST provide the page logging.

So again, what drivers are you using?  What printers?