CUPS and Kerberos - Problem with Authentication

Timo mailtohagen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 03:57:40 PST 2010

> You'll need a new build of CUPS if you switch Kerberos
> implementations...

Well I did this now, using Heimdal Kerberos. The configure script detected Heimdal so everything seemed to be fine.

However - I still get the same error messages, CUPS is not receiving user credentials, the username is always empty.

Isn't there a way to find out why CUPS can't use Kerberos? I've got the impressions that I'm going around in circles.

Maybe, would it be possible for you to provide a step-by-step guide in order to determine the problem?