Missing printing options

Eric fistcar at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:36:20 PST 2010

I am trying to print a PDF, when I run:

$ lpoptions -p Canon-imageRunner-C5180 -l
PageSize/Page Size: *Letter A4 A5 B5 Env10 EnvC5 EnvDL EnvISOB5 EnvMonarch Executive Legal
InputSlot/Media Source: *Default Tray1 Tray2 Tray3 Tray4 Envelope Manual
ColorMode/Color Mode: Normal *Contone

This information is not correct. None of the paper sizes, except for letter are correct. I would like to print to 11x17, the printer is loaded with 11x17 in tray 4. When I walk over to the printer it tells me that it is loaded with 11x17 in tray 4.

I thought of trying to force printing from tray 4, that also did not work. When I went over to the printer there was an error message because it was trying to print from tray 3, not 4. After telling the printer to use tray 4 on its' menu all that was printed out was garbage.

I do not know how to trouble shoot this problem any further, any help is greatly appreciated.