[cups.general] printing using windows cups driver

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Jan 30 11:02:57 PST 2010

Maysara A. Abdulhaq wrote:

> Well, if you enable cups based printing in samba, and use the above
> mentioned drivers ! can tell me if you are getting similar problems or
> not ?

Although I use Samba (for backing up Windows machines mainly)
I don't use it for printing on Windows machines,
where as I said I just give the URL of my CUPS server.
I've never really understood why people use Samba for printing,
but I guess there must be a good reason for it,
as I am not an expert on CUPS, in fact know little about it.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net