are there any plans for this ?

christoph beyer christoph.beyer at desy.de
Wed Jan 6 02:18:28 PST 2010

Hi Michael,

thanks for the reply :)

Just for clarification, we don't heve many mac users mainly linux and windows (they print over samba). We use our own flavour of linux called 'scientific linux' it is developed for the high energie physics comunity and it's mainly a redhat without the red hats.

Of course we use nis, kerberos and ldap for user accounts and groups. If i get you right you would consider to use cups-browsing and then limit the number of 'viewable' printers on user base ?

I tried the cups-printer-browsing some time ago with 600 queues and it was very cpu consuming on the server are there any tricks to avoid that and is there a way to avoid the need of browse relay hosts in different subnets ?

cheers christoph