[cups.bugs] IPP waitprinter stuck waiting in a print class - bug?

Jeff Chua jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 18:09:30 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2010, at 6:29 AM, Jeff Chua wrote:
>

> Yup, however if you are printing using the same IPP printer (w1), that
> printer (locally) is not a class and so only one job will get sent at a
> time. Only classes get the special multi-job behavior.

Oh. I guess I missed this point. My bad.

If you use "waitprinter=false" and "waitjob=false" on printer "w1", then the
> jobs will get queued up as fast as possible on the server and all of the
> printers in the class will be used.

Cool.

Thanks for your help. It's all working as intended now after setting "w1" as
a "class".

By the way, another question. In CUPS 1.4.2, IPP and LPD are very slow
compared to 1.3.11. I had to revert two attached files to make them fast as
before. Without the patches, there'll be a delay of 3 seconds per job.

Thanks,
Jeff