[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3486: circular reference to error_log in error_log

Russell Neches bugs at vort.org
Thu Jan 28 09:11:30 PST 2010

[STR New]

While trying to debug a mysteriously failing HP printer, I found that there
is something wrong with the CUPS backend (as reported by the queue
manager). To my intense frustration, the error recorded in error_log
simply says to consult error_log to find the error.

If error_log is not where the backend error is recorded, it would be
helpful if the message there suggested where the user might look.

>From error_log :

D [28/Jan/2010:00:46:33 -0800] [Job 250] Backend returned status 1
(failed)
D [28/Jan/2010:00:46:33 -0800] [Job 250] Printer stopped due to backend
errors; please consult the error_log file for details.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3486
Version:  -feature