Ricoh Aficio MP 2000

Genilson genilsonisrael at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 12:10:58 PDT 2010

> In article <37605-cups.general at news.easysw.com>,
>  Helge Blischke <h.blischke at acm.org> wrote:
>
> > Genilson wrote:
> >
> > > Howdy guys =)
> > >
> > > I've been struggling with this printer for a couple of weeks now. Maybe
> > > someone can help me with this. I'm trying to use this Ricoh Aficio MP 2000
> > > in Ubuntu, but although Ubuntu recognizes and installs it, it doesn't work
> > > the way it's supposed to. The upper margin is printed a lot bigger then it
> > > is in the original document, no matter which configuration I use. When I'm
> > > using windows it works perfectly, which gives a clue that the problem can
> > > be the driver. I tried to find a specific driver for windows, but I had
> > > not success, and looks like the CUPS service doesn't support this printer.
> > > Any ideas?!
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > Try the PPD from:
> > http://www.openprinting.org/ppd-o-matic.php?driver=Postscript-
> > Ricoh&printer=Ricoh-Aficio_MP_2000&show=0
>

> If the printer does not have the PostScript module installed, try the
> pxlmono driver from:
> <http://www.openprinting.org/ppd-o-matic.php?driver=pxlmono-Ricoh&printer
> =Ricoh-Aficio_MP_2000&show=0>
>
> You can get further help from a Ricoh representative in the
> OpenPrinting.org forums at:
> <http://forums.linux-foundation.org/list.php?30>
>
> --
> Matt Broughton
> Only relatives are absolute.

I don't know exactly why, but I ran into some trouble when trying to print .pdf files with the .PPD I used at first, specially if it was landscape oriented, so I tried this pxlmono driver and it worked perfectly. Hope it solves my problem once and for all, cos I've had enough of that printer already. Thank you very much guys :-)

P.S: When using the PostScript driver, it prints some code instead of the original document, so I guess the printer doesn't support PostScript.