Unable to Pause or cancel print jobs from Windows queue

dan dabrown at srhc.com
Thu Jul 15 08:10:52 PDT 2010

Team,

We are trying to migrate from a Windows print server and are having a few finally kinks that we cannot seem to solve.

Our server is Active Directory integrated using winbind/SAMBA. Samba is also used to manage print drivers and hand them out to Windows clients. We have over 250 printers to manage with this system.

Our final problem is that our test users cannot pause or cancel jobs from their Windows queue. Anytime they try to do so they get an error "Error processing command."

I have looked at both the SAMBA and CUPs logs but do not see much that would look helpful. What am I missing here? Is it not possible for Windows clients to pause or cancel their jobs?

Interestingly enough users can pause the entire printer by right clicking the object and clicking Pause Printer. In CUPs the printer shows a status of Paused, so what do I need to do to pause/cancel individual jobs?

Thanks