[cups.general] setting up scanner and fax services

Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DS CD) Martin.Schuster1 at infineon.com
Mon Jul 19 22:44:12 PDT 2010

On 07/20/2010 04:06 AM, Paul Thomas wrote:
> Hi I am a very newbie to the Linux world, am using Mandriva 2007.1
> spring release, partition with windows XP Pro. Have been trying to set
> up my printing options with a HP Officejet Pro 8500 the print wizard
> came up and I followed instructions. The closest printer in range I
> could find was a HP 7300. This went well and I have now the printer
> working. The problem is I need to get the scanner and fax working and
> have now hit a brick wall. Any help would be gratefully received.

I guess you have asked google? :)

I haven't used a mfp before, but if I understood correctly, you need
hplip (should be included in your distribution) to print, and xsane
(again included in Mandriva) to scan.

hth,
Infineon Technologies IT-Services GmbH   Martin.Schuster1 at infineon.com
Lakeside B05, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria   Martin Schuster
         FB: LG Klagenfurt, FN 246787y   +43 5 1777 3517