No windows Drivers added when using a customized printer name

A. Dura guyver111 at foni.net
Wed Jul 21 22:22:45 PDT 2010

Hi,

since windows printserver is to dumb to accept both 32bit and 64bit drivers, we want to setup a cups/samba printserver.

The server is running and i added all drivers to the /usr/share/cups/drivers/ dir.

When i add a printer from our network and leave the printer name alone "HP_LaserJet_8150_Series", i can then add the printer with the samba release button.

Since we got a "few" more printers, some of the same type and in different buildings, we want to customize the printername to something like "Building4_HP_LaserJet_8150_Series" so we know which printer is where when we try to add them to a windows machine.

But if we do that the we can't add the driver, with the samba release button we get "windows printerdriver couldn't be set"

and if we try it with cupsaddsmb -a -v we get:
----
Running command: rpcclient localhost -N -A /tmp/077e44c52c9fd -c 'setdriver h4_r402_hp_color_LaserJet_3700 h4_r402_hp_color_LaserJet_3700'
result was WERR_INVALID_PARAM

Unable to set Windows printer driver (1)!
----

Anyone knows the problem and a way around it ?