[cups.general] Changes to filters in 1.4

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Jul 26 21:55:10 PDT 2010

On Jul 26, 2010, at 9:21 PM, Matt LaPlante wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:

>>> So the implication then is that non-ubuntu versions of cups 1.4.3 do
>>> not require printers to have Filter lines?
>>
>> No, the implication is that non-Ubuntu versions of CUPS will have the necessary filters installed so that CUPS will see and use them...
>
> What filters are supposedly missing?
>
> Lets say this is my printer config using 1.3.11...

This looks like the scheduler is not auto-creating its IPP cache which also updates the printers.conf file with the Filter lines.  I am *quite* certain this works for the standard CUPS distribution (otherwise we'd get a lot more complaints about Mac OS X upgrades), so I'd guess you are running into a Debian/Ubuntu-specific bug.