[cups.general] Sense and nonsense of RIPCache

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Jul 27 07:49:39 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 10:16 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> It appears some distros are already doing this Till, I cannot grep for
> RIPCache in my /etc/cups directory.  And cups is reported to be:

Gene, this just means that the CUPS configuration doesn't set a
different value than the default that the ghostscript 'cups' driver is
compiled to use.  The use of RIPCache is hard-coded into the ghostscript
'cups' driver, i.e. the driver that produces output in CUPS Raster
format.

Till, I've seen this same problem the other day, and no value of
RIPCache would work around it.  Sounds like using automatic allocation
in ghostscript is the solution...

Tim.
*/