Xerox DocuPrint C410

Paul Elliott paul at team.com.au
Tue Jul 27 16:38:59 PDT 2010

I am very frustrated.

I own & run a graphic design/advertising business.

Over 10 years ago I bought a Fuji Xerox A3+ printer – a DocuPrint C410 (Fiery driven).

It was great... wasn't pushed hard... even less as the internet grew and PDF proofs became the norm. Hence it is in perfect working order.... hardly run-in!

It ended up coming home for my daughter about 4 years ago to use for her graphic design degree at Swinburne University (and was a great solution for her).

After her degree it went into storage and was recently brought out as my son has now started the same degree at Swinburne.

Unfortunately many things have changed since then... MacOS being the main thing and Xerox lack of support for that model printer another!

 We have a wired and wireless network at home connecting 3 iMacs and a ProMac. All use Adobe CS4 extensively.

I have connected the C410 to the network and had a great deal of trouble making it seen. I have a creative background... not technical. I eventually succeeded.

 Now I can see it, I can't make it print correctly... only assorted inconsistent errors... syntax etc.

Yes, I know there are no longer any drivers for Mac OS 10.6 (or any other Mac OS systems after 10.2?), but I have tried numerous others that (may) have had a chance.

It refuses to perform. i don't want to use it as an anchor... it is in perfect working order... it cost me $13K over 10 years ago!

My son's education would benefit greatly from it.

Today I was at a Xerox presentation in Melbourne and managed to corner a tech guy. He could not help me immediately, but is going to make some enquiries.

He suggested I check out your discussion boards for a solution... Here I am.

Please can you suggest a workaround to crank up the old girl and allow her to shine again!!! ????

Or offer some clues as to where I may find a solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.