cupsdReadClient: 18 IPP Read Error!

Ben Engbers Ben.Engbers at Be-Logical.nl
Tue Jul 6 02:29:53 PDT 2010

At work we have a lot of NRG printers that can be accessed as follow-me printers (using equitrac).
As far as I know the printers are mounted to a unix-machine using cups.

I use a laptop with Fedora 12 but Fedora 11 and earlier produces the same error.

Only when printing large PDF-documents (> 20 pages) the printers give problems. They still indicate that the printer communicates with the server but nothing happens.
Other applications/fileformats give no problems.

/var/log/cups/error_log show the following line:
E [05/Jul/2010:11:34:42 +0200] cupsdReadClient: 18 IPP Read Error!

The number 18 may vary.

Is this a bug or do I have to configure something in printers.conf or cups.conf?

Ben