CUPS web interface

chris chrisgfd1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 03:42:43 PDT 2010

> On Jul 14, 2010, at 10:59 AM, chris wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >=20
> > I am new to this forum, and pretty new to CUPS. I am currently running =
> Mac OS 10.6.4 and CUPS version 1.4.4
> >=20
> > I am having a few issues.
> >=20
> > 1: Wanted to turn off DNS-SD in order for printers not to show up in =
> Bonjour. Whenever I uncheck it, it reverts back and doesn't change. So =
> does adding a printer, etc. This is my biggest issue.
>
> What URL are you using to access the web interface?
>
> > 2: Not sure if this is CUPS or OS X, but it worked in ver. 10.5 I =
> can't enforce quotas anymore, it just keeps printing, even though it =
> sees how many pages a user prints, but it just keeps allowing printing.
>
> It could be a driver issue.  What driver(s)/printer(s) are you using?  =
> Is this Mac OS X server or the standard desktop install?

Hello,

We are running CUPS on a 10.6.4 Snow Leopard Server. It did work in 10.5.8, but it was a different version of CUPS then. The clients are running 10.6.4 desktop. I have a generic print driver on the server, and the true driver on the client. (This was the work around in 10.5.8 that helped enforce quotas.) We mostly have Xerox and HP network printers here, about 30 of them and they all give me an issue enforcing quotas on any client, even an older version 10.5.8 for instance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris