[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3623: Printing is slow by 5 sec for bulk print orders with the delay of 5 seconds after upgrading the the cups

Sarang Acharya sacharya at osius.com
Tue Jul 20 09:25:21 PDT 2010

[STR New]

Hi we have upgraded to CUPS 1.3.7-11 from CUPS 1.2.4-11 in the new version
the printing is little slower than compared to the old version CUPS
1.2.4-11 when checked the logs we found that each print queue is waiting
till it receives the  Completed successfully message due to this we are
facing approx 5 sec's delay when we are printing bulk orders in the older
version it used to print without the Completed successfully message and it
never use delay in printing now is there any fix or can we reduce the the
delay in printing just like the old version CUPS 1.2.4-11 so the printing
would be fast and do not have to wait for completed successfully message.
we cannot go back to old version.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3623
Version: 1.3.8