[cups.bugs] Cups scheduler do not start backend for each filefor jobs with printmultiple files

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Jul 28 07:15:09 PDT 2010

On Jul 28, 2010, at 12:18 AM, Mario Goppold wrote:
> Thank you for your assistance.
> In other words I have to deal with $CUPS_REQUESTROOT/d(.*)-([0-9][0-9][0-9]) like I did before? That answered the question why the filenames are not dropped down to the backend too.

No, you shouldn't be accessing the job data files unless they are passed on the command-line. Backends, like filters, should never make assumptions about the locations or names of the job data or control files since those could change in new CUPS releases.

Currently there is no way for a backend to advertise that it can handle more than 1 filename on the command-line - if you are looking for a way to send multiple files unfiltered from your backend, please file a feature request and we'll see about extending the backend interface (we already support multiple file submission for the IPP backend...):

    http://www.cups.org/str.php